Monday, March 11, 2013

Before and During

So back in January I started my journey to "get back to healthy." Since then I have cut the amount of calories to about 1300 and I've exercised about 6 days a week. My goal is to lose about 45 pounds (hopefully a little more) and reduce my BMI back into the healthy range which would be 20%. As of right now, my BMI is considered "overweight"! If that won't scare you into doing something-I don't know what will.

So far I've lost about 17 pounds and my BMI is down to 25%. I've lost inches in my chest, waist, hips, and my bb (baby belly--you know that part of your belly that the baby left!)

It hasn't been easy...which I didn't (and still don't) think it would be...but I can say it has been worth it. I'm VERY thankful for my work out buddy!! Without Rhonda it wouldn't be as much fun and she holds me accountable.

We first started doing Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred and and additional 30 mins of cardio on the elliptical. Since we have completed that DVD we are now trying the Insanity workout DVDs (and picked up another workout buddy--B!). Its 60 days of "insane" cardio/circuit/interval/plyometrics (don't know if that's spelled correctly) exercises.

I don't know "why" I'm posting this other than to show others that with A LOT of hard work-- you can do ANYTHING!

It's Day 8 of 60...can't wait to see what day 60 holds!

Not the very best pictures...but you get the idea :)



1 comment: