Just to let you know, I did achieve that goal! Other than that I didn't have any plans for my life. So the night my brother introduced me to this guy I thought "why not?". Little did I know how my life would turn out. Only a short year later I knew that this guy was the one for me. Of course we couldn't get married then. I was 17 and he had just started college.
Time passed "quickly" and I thought we would never get engaged. The months leading up to his 22 birthday he made such a big deal about never having a birthday party. His mother and I planned a birthday party for him at the pavilion at the park. I remember that day as if it was yesterday. As the guests began to arrive I was wondering why all of my family was there. It seemed that everyone was there. For so many years I had longed for the day he would propose and the day it happened I was oblivious.
I remember his mom asking Brady and I to come stand up front with her while she thanked everyone for coming. I thought that was odd but obliged. Then Brady said: "You all know the real reason we are here." Then he did this:

I was in total shock! everyone else knew that we was going to propose...everyone but me! Which is the way I wanted it. I told him that I wanted it to be in front of a lot of people and I wanted it to be a surprise. Well, he came through on both of those requests. I remember that whole afternoon shaking...in shock!
We (his mother, my aunt, and I) planned a wedding and in 9 months we were married! It is so weird to look back at this picture. It seems like yesterday, but we have so much to show for the 6 years since: 2 healthy and happy boys, a nice home, and good careers. Its not very often that you find true love young. I am so grateful to God for placing Brady in my life at that appointed time. I believe the He (God) has spared me a lot of heart ache. Even though these 6 years haven't been perfect, they have been ours and that's what makes our life together memorable. We can look back and remember our mistakes, learn from them, and move on. My prayer for our marriage is that as we move closer to God we move closer to each other.
I love this!! I remember hearing that proposal story :) You two are so blessed and lucky.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! I'm so thankful that we still keep in touch and what's going on in each other's lives! I'm so happy that God has blessed your life so abundantly!!
ReplyDeleteAww! This is a great story! :) Mine is far less romantic, but like you said "It is ours" and it's romantic in its own way! So glad that you are so happy and blessed, and even more happy to have you as a friend!!
ReplyDelete