Thursday, February 25, 2010

Poop & Quiet Time

Before I became a mother I loved to take long, hot baths. It was my time to relax. Now that I am a mother...my long, hot baths are a necessity. It is my quiet time. A time to get away from everything and everyone. Until...

Let me set the mood:
(I had just filled the bathtub with hot water. You could see the steam rising from the water. I had one foot in when...Brady burst through the bathroom door with child in tow.)

"You better get YOUR son! LOOK what he as done!"

When you hear the words "your son" you know that he has done something really bad. I took one look at his hand. It was covered with poop! And there was poop on the bedroom floor! It was even on the bathroom door. So here I go into full swing. I tell him over and over "That is NASTY! You don't play with your poop! That's NASTY!" I took him to the other bathroom to clean him off. I took his diaper off and showed him the poop. He backed away and said "na-ty". After cleaning him off, changing his clothes, and making him wipe the poop off the bathroom door I tried to resume my quiet time. Needless to say...it wasn't the same.

To all of you new or soon-t0-be mothers: GET READY!! You laugh now, but one day something like this WILL happen to you! I love my life and I am grateful for times like these...just wait until he brings him his first girlfriend! Oh the stories I will be able to tell:)


This is the cutie that was caught "brown-handed."

3 comments:

  1. hahaha that scenario made me laugh, but i'm sure I won't be laughing one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man!! Was this what was going on when I was harrassing you about fabric?! I am SOOOOO sorry if so! LOL! I know how you feel though. Went through some nastiness with Cheyenne and I'm sure it's gonna be waaay worse with Mason! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happened last week. But I thought it was blog worthy:)

    ReplyDelete