Well, after the ship docked back in Port Carnival..that was the end of "getting in shape." Of course I let myself go until January of last year...then at school we started our own "Biggest Loser" competition. And I was determined to beat Coach Kelly (and I needed to get bathing suit ready for the summer)...I think the competition lasted 3 months...maybe 4...can't really remember...I recruited a new workout buddy--Rhonda (since Jennifer was pregnant with the twins). We worked and sweated almost everyday after school. I lost a total of 20+ pounds!!! I was sooo happy! and I like to say that I did beat Coach Kelly ;)
I was within 20 pounds of my goal (pre-pregnancy) weight!!!
But something happened....SUMMER BREAK!! I guess in my mind that meant take a break from all exercising and healthy eating.
Long story short...Rhonda and I picked our exercise routine back up a few weeks ago....we were/are fed up with where we have let ourselves get....
My breaking point was when I got on the scale (in the afternoon...I should have known better!!) and the numbers on the scale where NOT where I wanted them to be! In fact they were where I was right after I had Lo...5 YEARS AGO!!!!!
I can't believe that just last year I was 20 pounds lighter than I am right now...and I just let all that hard work go down the drain....
I am DETERMINED now!! I have to...I must get my body back to healthy.... especially with all the heart disease that runs in my family! If nothing else I must get my BMI down to healthy cause according to that I am over weight!
My plain of attack: to work hard every day to get this weight off and keep it off for FOREVER! I am trying to train myself/mind to eat more healthy and look at exercise as a good thing for my body...I don't want to do a "quick fix." I want to get this fat off and keep it off.
Last Monday I took "Before" pictures of myself and measured myself...Of course I'm noting going to tell you what I weight or give you my measurements but I will tell you that I have lost an 1 inch in my bust (which I never thought I would be happy about that but I am!), an 1 inch in my waist, and 1/2 inch in my hips!! I have not got back on the scale and probably won't...I'm going to use my clothes as my weight loss indicators.
I think I MIGHT show my "before" pictures when I have gone down at least one pant size....most of yall know what I look like...so there's no since in posting a picture until I have something to compare it too :)
I saw a quote on pinterest: "Skinny girls are lucky but those that have to work to be skinny are STRONG!"
That's my motto!!! I am strong!!
If anyone would like to join me on this journey, please let me know. I'm going to create a group on Facebook. So we can help motivate each other and help keep us accountable for exercising and eating healthy ..and of course to congratulate each other when we meet out weight loss goals!
Please consider getting on MyFitnessPal. It has a great app and you can invite friends. It's really helping me to keep track of food intake and exercise. Let me know if you try it. :)
ReplyDelete