Slowly I've been redecorating the house.
Trying to do as as "cheaply" as possible, but still get the "look" I want.
My fireplace/mantle has been giving me fits! I just couldn't figure out what I wanted to to with it...I thought it would be my "theme" location and I could decorate for each holiday/season....
Well, tonight I came across this chalkboard canvas at TJ Maxx...its not really a chalkboard but made to look like one. What I loved about it was the saying: "We are blessed in so many beautiful ways...no worries...no regrets." When I saw it I immediately knew that it was going on the mantle with pictures of the boys underneath. As soon as I got in the car I sketched out what I wanted to do on a napkin. I have to write my ideas down...or I'll forget :)
Then on a trip to Target I found these fabulous frames (the 2 on the left are new). The one in the middle kind of look likes old barn wood and the one on the far left looks like weathered copper.
I just LOVE them!!
As soon as I got home tonight I threw the canvas up there. I placed the new picture frames were I wanted them...then realized something was missing...I looked to my left and by the TV was the brown wood picture frame (one on the right) with Au's pictures in it. I did a little rearranging...
I stepped back.....PERFECT!!!
And that's when it hit me....3 frames....only 2 children....that one frame....
If you've read earlier posts (probably from a year or so) you would remember that we have a baby in Heaven waiting on us....we had a miscarriage in between Au and Lo....I didn't cry when I realized there where 3 frames...but it brought back the feelings that one of our babies is missing....
Maybe I will always feel this way, but I feel like our family isn't complete...
that a piece to our puzzle is missing....
I know God has an ultimate plan and He is working in our favor...so until I have a picture of that "missing piece" the picture frame with hold a picture of our boys together...and if I have to wait until I walk through Haven's gates to hold the "missing piece"...
I still fully believe that WE ARE BLESSED IN SO MANY BEAUTIFUL WAYS,
NO WORRIES, NO REGRETS
No comments:
Post a Comment