Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Summer To Do List

I truly love the profession I choose (with the guidance of God)! But I really love it during June & July! Some people have made comments about not having the summer off...well all I have to say is you should have choose a different profession! I just let their comments roll off my shoulders. However, I do have "big" plans for the summer.


First, I started a "mini kitchen redo." I wish I could get new cabinets, counter tops, matching appliances, back splash, and wood flooring...but for now paint and a few decorations are the only things news. However, the kitchen looks totally new! It took me a week to paint because I used an oil based paint (it took it forever to dry), but it was worth it! I have a few minor details to add, but I love how it turned out. My next project is to paint the kitchen & living room walls. Shhh! Don't tell Brady! He'll think I've gone crazy! **By the way...that isn't my kitchen...I wish it was! I will post pictures of mine at a later date. When all minor details are in place.**

Next, I figure if I can't get paid to teach kindergarten then I'll volunteer to teach them during VBS. VBS is almost over and I have had a blast! The kids are in the room for 20 minutes then they go to missions, music, snack, recreation, and arts & crafts for 20 minutes each. Why can't "real" school be like that?! Then they come back to our room for a "crafty" activity and then they go home. Its quite nice!
Next week Austin is having his tonsils and adenoids taken out! Pray for us all! I don't know if my nerves can handle it! I'm not worried about the "what ifs" because I know God is in control and He will bless Austin, the doctor, and the nurses. However, its very difficult to just "hand over" someone you love to a doctor you really don't know. I was extremely nervous when Brady had his nose surgery. I couldn't control the situation and it made me a ball of nerves. I can't image how I will feel when I have to say "good bye" to my child as he is taken back into the OR. Do you think I could sneak under his bed and hold his hand...not for his sake but for MINE!? So be in prayer for all of us!


Also, I plan to spend A LOT of time with my boys this summer! I can't believe that they are 4 and 2! Where has the time gone?! So this summer I hope to "soak up" some minutes of their childhood. After all, one of the reasons I choose teaching as my profession is so that I would be able to spend time with my kids.


I hope to complete my summer plans by making a trip to visit my Aunt & Unlce at Mexico Beach. Gotta get some use out of the beach house before they sell it. :) Hopefully, I will be able to bring my mom too. She used to love going to the beach. She hasn't been in over 11 years!


Hope you all enjoy your summer!

1 comment:

  1. Keep us informed on Austin..praying for a quick recovery so you all can enjoy every moment of summer together. :)

    ReplyDelete