Between being a wife, mommy, teacher, and small business/hobby owner, I was having a difficult time getting into the decorating spirit. I couldn't decide if I should clean, sew, spend time with the family, shop, or decorate...
Last year I had all the Christmas decorations put up the day after Au's birthday (which is the first in Nov). This year I finally got in the decorating spirit after I bought a few Christmas presents which was the day before Thanksgiving...I figured I needed a tree to put the presents under.
My tree totally clashes with the shabby chic style I'm trying to go with in the house/living room, but I don't care. To me Christmas decorations are all about the bright lights and the shiny ornaments and of course glitter has to been in there some where!!
And yes....ALL of the ornaments on the tree are plastic...I have young children in my house...I'm not crazy :)
I took these pictures with a new lens attachment.
An "old" high school friend had a great idea to do an ornament swap between us O-town girls (even though we all live in different cities/states). And who should get my name but my best friend since 6th grade!!! I "eyed" an ornament very similar to this one in the mall the other day...so glad it now hangs on our "special ornament closet door hanger thing." I have an old closet door that I dry brushed with white paint and it is beside/kat-i-korner of the tree. I hung all our special ornaments on it...because yes I am a little OCD when it comes to the ornaments on the tree...I NEED all the ornaments on the tree to coordinate in size, color, and shape. :)
And finally, Frisbee returned to our house again this year...he hasn't been very mischievous until now...T-Rex has eaten him or tried to!!! Hope the boys to freak out when they see him in the morning. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment