Hope Santa was good to you this year.
Frisbee, our elf on the shelf, left us presents on Christmas eve. Think he needs to work on his handwriting skills...
Frisbee brought everyone new pjs and a Christmas ornament. Au got R2D2 and Mario pjs and a new Nutcracker.
Lo was so excited about his spiderman ornament. He got Spiderman pjs and a new Nutcracker.
Of course they had to hang the new ornaments on the tree.
I just love these silly boys!
And B got "old man" pjs...doesn't he look thrilled!!! He also got an ice cream cone ornament because he just LOVES ice cream! Frisbee was good to me...I got Victoria Secret pjs and a rainbow ornament.
I set up the tripod and got a picture with my boys.
My 3 sons!!!! Frank looks thrilled to be in the picture...
B and I got up super early so we could take a picture in front of all the goodies Santa left before the boys saw it. (*wink *wink)
As a child, I remember my brother, sister, and I always getting EVERYTHING on our list...I don't say that to brag because we were by no means "rich"...and I still wonder how my parents afforded it all...but I remember when Christmas lost its "magic" and I remember that Christmas morning was never the same...and I don't want my boys to feel that way one day...So we try not to make a big deal about Santa. They didn't want to see Santa and I didn't make them.
We go BIG for birthdays and not so big for Christmas...besides who wants to let a fat man in a red suit get all the credit for giving awesome gifts?! :)
Cousin B has one of these big firetrucks and Lo loves to play with it when we go over to their house. So we thought he would love one....however he hasn't paid it much attention... Kids! Go figure! :)
Of all the toys they got Lo loved this mini-airplane-candy-stick-thing the best...
And Au loved his little Lego men the best.
After we opened presents the boys got dressed and headed outside to try out their new bikes. Lo had a major meltdown because his pedals "were broke"...he was pedaling backwards...oh...that child!
After all that drama we headed over to my granny's. My family has been meeting up at my granny's house for Christmas day lunch for over 30 years (probably longer than that).
Lo LOVES his new head light...he wore it most of the day! To know him is to love him!
We played "Dirty Santa" and thankfully nobody stole my gift card to TJ Maxx!
After granny's we headed south to my aunt's house. Usually it is my grandmother's house but she had back surgery a few weeks ago.
Sweet Makenzie!
Here she is with the shopping cart (from grandma but I had the fun of picking out!) and her new Cabbage Patch doll that has red curly hair! Just love shopping for little girls! Add red hair and I think she kinda looks like me when I was a little kid. Of course her daddy and mother would disagree. :)
A few days after Christmas we loaded up the presents and headed north to B's mom's house. B gave his firefighter brothers this really cool print of a firefigther with angel wings...of course I can't let him take all the credit...I had to cut the prints to fit into the frames. :)
Oh my! Little Ry!! Don't you just love his shirt?! It was Au's shirt from 4 years ago! Au wore it, Lo wore it, and now Ry gets to wear it! And boy does he love to have his picture taken...he is just too cute. And he just loves me soooooo much!
The kids got their own table with plastic drop cloth on the floor...great idea Nana!
After eating it was time for presents. Lo can open a present in 6 seconds or less! It is so funny to watch him!
Aunt A and Uncle D knew exactly what he wanted and being such the great aunt and uncle that they are...they gave Au one to! So now fighting...however we soon discovered that the r/c control cars run off the same frequency so one remote controls both...so you can picture the fun that resulted. :)
Sweet MC!
Au opening his present from Aunt A and Uncle D.
TG! She looks so different in this picture...like she has turning into a "little girl". :)
C with the shirt I bought her...the girl on the shirt has glasses just like her.
Ry got a talking bank from Uncle Z and Aunt C....he went around asking for money. Kids sure are smart these days. :)
Yeah! Lo finally got the Angry Bird he wanted...although it looks nothing like a bird...its green and it looks like a pig...but that doesn't matter as long as he is happy.
2 peas in a pod! These 2 are so much alike in so many ways. I love these 2 guys so very much!
The curlies twins...Lo gets in his curlies from his Nana.
LEGOS!!!!!
I love Christmas time...not for the presents but for the time spent with family...I am very blessed in that I can/get to see the majority of my immediate family any time I want...but there is just something special about having my whole family together. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas with many new and wonderful memories.
I love your tree- and your sweet family!
ReplyDelete