Saturday, February 18, 2012

Some of Everything

Wow! Its the middle of February and where has the time gone?!

Last Saturday, I hosted a baby shower for my little sister. She really isn't little she's 25 years old!! It was a "pickles and ice cream" themed shower. Guests could choose from vanilla or chocolate ice cream and they had a variety of toppings so they could make their own ice cream sundae. And of course we had a HUGE jar of pickles. It was YUM!

That cradle pictured above has been in our family for over 30 years! My great grandfather made it for my mom when she was pregnant with my brother.




 I guess my sister was so excited about all the cool stuff she got cause she ended up in "Labor & Delivery" on Sunday night (not on purpose of course!). After a couple of nights of "observations" and a few ultrasounds the doctor felt that an emergency c-section was the best option. So on Valentine's day (3 weeks early) my new nephew was born! Kaden Dee was 21 inches long (I think) and 6 lbs and 12 oz! Mom and baby are home now and doing great!


Funny how both of my little sisters have boys that were born on Valentine's Day. On Sunday (before my youngest sister went into the hospital) we celebrated Cousin B's (my other sister's little boy)4th birthday at my granny's house. Cousin B and Lo are only a few weeks apart in age. I think that is neat that they are so close.

And of course Valentine party's at school were a BLAST (for the kids that is...its totally different for the teachers!)

I don't quite know everything there is to know about my Photoshop software...so I couldn't figure out how to take out that gray box :)


More random-ness of Lo:
Last night it was time for bedtime prayers...Au was a little bit stuffy and Lo said his tummy hurt...here is the conservation that erupts during our prayer:
me: "and please God help make Au and Lo feel better"
Lo yells: "He can't make us better...He's just a cloud!"
me: "God is not a cloud!"
Lo: "Yes he is! I saw it in a picture!!"
(that countiues for a few sounds)
me: "Fine! Jesus can make you better."
Lo: "Does he look like an angel?"
me: "yeah sort of"
Lo: "Does he have sparkle-ly hands?"
me (a bit confused): "well yes I guess if you want him to"
Lo: "ok...he can make us better"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE IT!!!!

1 comment: