Saturday, March 10, 2012

Babys and Birthdays

Finally...a beautiful Saturday! After the last few rainy Saturdays I was beginning to wonder if the sun was ever going to shine again...but He promised He wouldn't flood the Earth again...and the sun came out today!

Beautiful "almost-spring" day!

Today I helped host a baby shower for an "old" friend from high school. Cassi is one of my oldest and sweetest friends.
She is getting ready to welcome a baby boy in May.

 Cassi graduated from UA with a degree in fashion-interior decorating--or something like that...any how her house is SUPER stylish! Oh..the pictures of the baby's room!! Some people just have that "touch" and this chick has it! So what was I doing volunteering to handle the decorations? I don't know either! I felt like I had to "step up". Hahaha!!!

I wanted to keep it simple but classic...A few weeks ago I asked her to send me a pic of the fabric used in the nursery...to my surprise I had seen one of the fabrics before...Actually I had DROOLED over it at Hancocks! I remember staring at it trying to figure what I would tell B if I came home with about 10 yards of it at $14.95 a yard...But I couldn't come up with a believable "story" so I felt it best to leave it there...I think I shed a tear or two as I walked away...Any how...I had a plan...I monogrammed the baby's initials of the fabric and then framed it. So for years to come she will always have a piece of his baby bedding.

Unfortunately...I wasn't there to see her reaction (cause I was at getting balloons blown up). But I was told she LOVED it!!!!   *And as I begin to upload pics I realize I didn't get a pic of it!!!! UGH!!! 

Props to NT for the yummy food and punch...Becca made the tastiest cupcakes...


Add caption


 Daisies....Oh....Daisies!!! In my mind I had a vision for the decorations...I wanted fresh cut daisies which meant that they had to bought the night before. I had seen some at WM a few days prior...After 2 trips to 2 different WMs in 2 different towns at 10:30pm I walked away empty handed and ILL! After a early trip the floral shop I walked away with all of the daises the florist would give (sell) me.

I found this picture at an antique store at the beach a few years ago.  I bought it cause it reminds me of my youngest boy...the colors went great with the color scheme of the shower so I had to bring it..and the outfit on the table is a vintage baby boy outfit...I heard that one of the older ladies at the shower was "having a fit over" the vintage outfits...had I known I might have sold it to her for the "right" price. :)


The center pieces on the tables were green split pears, a mason jar filled with daises and a picture of the future mom/dad-to-be when they were babies.


These favors traveled a long way to make it to this shower! Thanks to Amber!
Back behind that striped present was the framed monogram that I forgot to take a picture of...UGH...I'm so mad at myself!

Here is a pic of some of us high school girls with our kids...kind of difficult to see 2 of the babies cause they are still in the womb! :)

Hostesses with the mommy-to-be!

I so enjoy this time together with old friends!

 I think I'm the "only" one of us that didn't move away. I'm so thankful they still have parents that live in town....so I'm "guaranteed" a mini reunion around most major holidays. :)

A few years we were getting together for wedding showers and as we get older those turn into baby showers. Just LOVE it!

To me...it feels like no time passes between our visits..and I don't think our looks change either. :)

.Can't wait until it's NT's turn! I know that God will bless her with the birth of a healthy baby! In Jesus' Name, Amen!

3 comments:

  1. I love you friend. The last part made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Y'all did a wonderful job! Wish I could have made that 15 hour drive to be there!! & I cannot wait for the Lord to bless the world with a beautiful Natalie/Keith creation either! It WILL happen <3

    ReplyDelete