So I have decided to re-decorate my house...of course I am starting with moving around things I have and reusing anything I can. So I moved ALL framed pictures to the hallway. First, I lined them up the way I wanted and my next plan is to spray paint ALL the frames white. That's a pretty cheap fix. So if the weather will cooperate tomorrow, I can cross that off my list.
This is one side of the hallway.....
Now on to the next room...the boys/guest bathroom. When I was pregnant with Lo I thought since I was going to be out numbered by the boys...that bathroom must be boy/man-ish...and my husband's favorite hobby is hunting. So I thought it best to use that as the theme in the bathroom.
But now I have to come to the conclusion that since I am out numbered by the boys...then my house is going to have a "girl-y" touch...not really girl-y but shabby chic kinda look...but not with soooo many ruffles. And this bathroom is the first room I am starting on...
Here are some BEFORE pictures. Here is what I plan to do:
Here are some BEFORE pictures. Here is what I plan to do:
- New shower curtain. I plan to reuse an antique quilt (if my granny will give me one or two)...hang it from clippey things. I know quilts are not normal shower curtains, but I figure why not?! And if she won't give me one then I'll use a chenille bedspread that I bought from an antique store.
2. This is the hamper that the boys use for dirty clothes. It will probably stay white...but I "may" change the color of the ways...
3. This is a picture of a deer jumping a fence. This picture will move to the "man cave" and I plan to frame several prints from our cruise (scenes of the lagoon we went to) in white frames. I want to put some oversized seashells on the back of the toilet...but the boys may think those are toys so I may have to change my plans. I also want to get a new trash can and basket to keep tub toys in.
4. On top of the vanity, I am going to put some glass jars...1 filled with sand from the beach, 1 filled with sea shells we collect from the beach, and 1 with star fishes or sand dollars (of course those will have to be bought). So it looks like another trip to Aunt Cindy's is due:)
The deer antlers have already been moved:) and if I pant the walls then I will pant that brown part to match the wall color.
i love me some spray paint...i am still waiting for the weather to cooperate so i can spray kylee and ellys frames in their room...good luck you ambitious thing you!
ReplyDelete